Call for Research Posters
The Southern Region of ACDA would like to invite researchers to submit an abstract for a poster session to be held at the Southern Region Conference in Louisville, Kentucky, February 21- 24, 2024. Researchers chosen for this presentation will be required to display a poster describing the research, and also be available during the scheduled session to answer any questions posed by attendees.
The research should focus on choral music, choral music education, and or any topic related to choral music research such as: rehearsal techniques, best practices, performance practice, conducting, repertoire, and other related fields. The poster session allows conference attendees to view scholarship prior to publication, allowing the most up-to-date research to be shown.
Research submitted for presentation must comply with the following guidelines:
- the research should not have been presented at another major conference;
- if the data have been presented in whole or substantive part in any forum or at previous research sessions, a statement specifying particulars of the above must be included with the submission; and
- the research may have been submitted but must not be in print or in press prior to the submission deadline of the conference.
The projects may vary in research techniques (quantitative, qualitative, etc.), but must include more than a simple review of literature for consideration. Manuscripts of research representing descriptive or experimental studies must conform to the “Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Seventh Edition (2020).” Writers of other types of studies may submit manuscripts that conform to either, A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations 9th Edition (2018) or the Chicago Manual of Style 16th or 17th edition (2010/2017).
- To submit a poster, you will need to submit an abstract (400 words or less) through the online poster submission form: https://bit.ly/ACDASouthernPoster24
- The abstract should include purpose, method of study and, if available, results and conclusions. All studies must be completed before presenting.
- When composing your abstract, please use a word processing document then cut and paste it into the box provided on the form. DO NOT type your abstract directly into the box.
- All submissions are due by October 31, 2023.
Incomplete or late submissions will be not be accepted. Presenters must be current members of ACDA and understand that ACDA will not assume financial responsibility for food, travel, or conference registration fee. Your submission implies that you are prepared to travel and present if selected.
Submissions will be anonymously (blind) reviewed by a panel of qualified reviewers. Applicants will be notified of their submission results no later than December 31, 2023. Please direct all questions to Dr. Libby Hearn ([email protected]).